Wool is the most expensive carpet fabric because of its natural origin and its qualities. The cheaper, but still fine fabric options include synthetics that cost half the price of wool. Synthetic carpets are easier to clean and harder to stain.
Use internet to do extensive research and compare the prices. Look at the shipping cost, as well, to do the final calculation.
Carpets vary in durability. Several different characteristics influence their longevity. In order to choose the most durable carpet, you must:
- Choose a carpet that has face weight ranging between 34 and 40 ounces per square yard. All shop assistants must be able to tell you this number. It varies from 20 to 80 and the higher the number, the better.
- Density must be at least 2,000 ounces per cubic yard. This is the very minimum if you don’t plan on changing flooring in less than a year.
- Choose a carpet made of sisal for high-wear zones (industrial, receptions, waiting rooms.). This natural and very sturdy material is also the most durable one.
- If you need a carpet for your living room, the best choice is a wool blend. It will also keep the room warm during the winter.
Looking for discounts is a great possibility for reducing the price of the carpet. Here’s how to get access to the best deals:
- Always look for a good underlay plus carpet offer. It will save you cash unless you don’t need the underlay.
- Stores change their assortments at the end of each season. They will put the warm-season carpets on discount right before the winter season.
- If the store allows for cutting and resizing of carpets, they will make the leftover pieces available at a very low price.
- Smaller companies and family-owned stores will often feature really attractive prices.
Best Carpet Value has product and knowledge to have your new carpet installed and looking great.